Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back to NYC



This past weekend Kyle and I headed back to New York City, NY for a long weekend with friends.  I have now been there three times in three years!  I cannot believe it took me so long to first visit the city, but now that I have fallen in love, I just cannot seem to get enough.





On this trip we took the train from D.C. to Penn Station.  I love the train.  It was super easy, short (3+ hours), relatively cheap ($49/each way), and fun.  We ate and played cards on the way up, and ate and napped on the way home.  I still would not count on the cafe car providing an excellent lunch, but we brought our own snacks.

The main reason for going to NYC this weekend was to catch the New York Yankees vs. Colorado Rockies baseball game.  Our friends, Evan and Heidi, are fans of the Rockies and since we all became friends when we lived in Denver, we thought it would be fun to catch a game.  We went to the game Friday night and the Rockies won!  I am sorry to say that is the only game in the series they won. 



Yankee Stadium was pretty amazing.  I have been to ten major league baseball stadiums now (Detroit, St. Louis, Atlanta, Houston, Kansas City, Denver, Milwaukee, Chicago (Wrigley), New York City (Yankee), and Washington, D.C.) and the energy at Yankee Stadium was by far the best.  It is the only stadium I have been to that actually sells out their regular season tickets!  It was really fun and I found myself clapping along with the crowd, even though I was supposed to be rooting for the Rockies.





We spent the rest of the weekend enjoying the city.  We ate pizza, bagels, cheesecake, and really good Italian in Little Italy.  We walked through Summerfest Festival, checked out South Street Seaport, walked through Central Park, and visited the World Trade Center Memorial site and museum.  I am really excited (if that is the right word) about the new memorial, it should be beautiful (again, if that is the right word).






I *heart* NYC.




2 comments:

  1. Having never thought I'd like to go to NYC, seeing your photo of the memorial (or the almost completed memorial)changes my mind. Bill and I will definitely have to make that trip. Thank you for sharing your pictures and comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have to go to NYC; I haven't been since 6th grade!!

    ReplyDelete