Friday, October 12, 2012

New York City, New York


I have said it before and I will say it again, I love New York.  There is just so much do to and see.  I do not think I will ever get tired of visiting.



This time, I went with my mom and sister, for my mom's 60th birthday.  (Thanks Mom!)  We took the train from D.C. and stayed at the Hilton New York.  The hotel was your standard Hilton.  (Do Japanese tourist companies love Hiltons or what?)  The location of the hotel was perfect, so we walked almost everywhere.



We went to the Top of the Rock, Chelsea Market, Macy's, 5th Avenue, the Today Show, the 9/11 Memorial and Central Park.  

We ate a slice of pizza at Pronto, had a nice birthday dinner at Fresco, and indulged at the Magnolia Bakery, twice.  

My favorite part of the trip was seeing The Book of Mormon.  I love musicals and this was the funniest show I have ever seen.  Yes, it was raunchy, loaded with swear words, and was slightly embarrassing to watch while sitting next to your mom, but it was worth it.  And, I hate South Park, but I do love religious satire.



I am so thankful that I got to spend time in one of my favorite places with some of my favorite people.  We managed to not kill each other (although there were a couple of close calls) and I managed my first trip away from Anna.  (Anna also survived, but I was never worried about her, just worried about me.)


Thanks again, Mom!  Thank you also to Kyle and his parents for watching Anna for the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for navigating us all around. I am glad you want to return, me too!! I want to go to Ellis Island even if most of our ancestors came before it was established. So much to do and see, NYC really never does sleep.

    ReplyDelete