Sunday, May 8, 2011

Home Improvements

I have been so busy with our home improvements, that I have not even had time to post any pictures.  Here is what we did:




Painted!  It took me a long time to commit to a color, and to convince Kyle that we can tackle painting our huge main floor ourselves, but we finally got rid of the blue/yellow combo.  I am really happy with the color and how it all turned out.  My only issue now is that rest of the paint needs updating now.  However, doing the main floor was a lot of work and I need a break.





Bought a new rug!  I really wanted a round rug for this area, but we could not find one we liked and I feel like we looked everywhere.  So, we settled on this greyish rug from Ikea.  And, got an ottoman!  It took us a long time to decide on an ottoman and we ended up with this one that is on wheels.  It is really nice, because we can roll it around and use it to hold stuff, as a foot rest, or additional seating.  Yes, it is white, still not sure if that was the best choice. 



Bought stools!  These are from Ikea as well and I really like them.  I hope to go back and get the taller ones for the other bar area in the kitchen.  I think they will look even better once I have my all white kitchen I am dreaming of.  Someday...




Got a bar!  We have a huge kitchen, but we have even more kitchen stuff.  So, we bought a bar to store liquor and glasses.

Put up blinds!  We really want plantation shutters, but cannot afford them right now.  So, we got some nice wood blinds to keep the heat and peepers out. 

I think that is it for now.  That is enough though. 

1 comment:

  1. i haven't seen any of this in person yet! i need to come over.

    ReplyDelete