Wednesday, July 18, 2012

and now all of our money is gone.

Well, not really, but it sure feels that way.  

Over the past month we have purchased this:


and this:



The car is necessary for when I go back to school this fall and I think it was a good purchase.  After a bunch of drama, we decided to purchase a new car.  I love that is it bigger than our other car.  I can get Anna in and out so much easier and we tested out the extra trunk space this past weekend with a trip to Goodwill.  On the other hand, ever since purchasing the Lexus, I have become a snob and the Hyundai is no Lexus.  


The air conditioner is necessary because ours broke, for the third time since we moved in, right in the middle of the epic/record-breaking/Earth-ending heat wave, while we had company.  (Did I mention all while walking barefoot uphill?)  Plus, I am now a worried (psycho) mom, so it is even more important that it works.

It sucks spending all that money on two pretty boring purchases but I am thankful that we are able to get the things we need.  We will now be watching Netflix and eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the rest of the year.



 

1 comment:

  1. The car and the a/c unit are a matching set! You sound like me...I always hated spending money on vacuums, washers, dryers, etc. Not fun at all! But, as far as the car goes, you've made a good choice (says Gramps who researched them forever).

    ReplyDelete